Thursday, August 11, 2011

Unexpected Happiness Hiding in my Letterbox

In my experience when you give and give and give to others… you get, in return, the coolest “Out of the blue” things that come your way. I’ve been given some VERY cool stuff in my nearly 31 years, from free flights, free vouchers, free dinning room tables, free coaching… and I’m grateful every single time something like this happens. My latest example… is a simple but very loving gift that brought the WORLD of happiness to me.


I went out to my mailbox to find a letter there… no bills, just a letter. Being naturally playful, I did an excited kiddy dance at the letterbox, not caring at all if anyone saw me (For those of you that know me… you can just SEE me doing that, right?).


I then ripped it open to find this:



How cool is that? VERY cool I say! It’s hand made, it’s full of love and it made me very happy.


For those of you not in New Zealand, we have been experiencing some rather large earthquakes here in Christchurch over recent months. They’re scary, shaky and unsettling… and to receive a gift of love like this… is pretty fantastic if you ask me!


… The lesson I took from this is just how simple it is to make someone’s day! Gill put together a piece of blue fabric, with a ribbon and a button… but it’s more than that, right? She took the time to make an ornament into the shape of a heart, put on a very cool HAPPY face, and a sexy wee ribbon then placed this in a cool card with a heartfelt sentiment.



What can you do today to make a huge difference in someone else’s life?


Thanks SO very much to Gill and Robin! What a wonderful gift to receive. I appreciate you both, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment